An introduction to DME (dual and multiple exceptionality)
Webinar - 11:30 - 12:00 17 Sep 2020
This free webinar is suitable for SENCOs, SLTs and other school staff who are interested in finding out more about DME
A free to access webinar, funded by Comino Foundation.
DME stands for ‘dual and multiple exceptionality’ and is intended to describe those people who have both a disability or special educational need, and an area of exceptional performance or ability. Pupils with DME are likely to only have either their disability/special educational need OR their area of exceptional performance/ability recognised, potentially leading to under-achievement.
What will this webinar cover?
- What is DME and what does it look like in a school setting?
- Why is it important in the school setting to support pupils who have DME?
- How many pupils have DME and how can schools support them?
What are the potential benefits to you and the children or young people you work with?
- A greater understanding of DME and how it can be recognised within your school setting
- An introduction in how to support pupils who have DME to help you improve provision for these pupils within your school setting
This webinar is included in the nasen Annual Webinar Pass
If you have any questions about this webinar please email email@example.com
The full list of security features are available on the Zoom website