Early Years Foundation Stage Profile Results released for 2018-2019
The DfE has published statistics this week about the results of the Early Year’s Foundation Stage Profile. The information is submitted annually by schools at the end of a children’s reception year.
Some of the findings show that:
- The percentage of children achieving a good level of development continues to increase, but at a slower rate. 71.8% of children achieved a good level of development- up by 0.3 points on 2018.
- There has been an increase in the inequality gap between all pupils and the lowest attaining 20%. The percentage inequality gap has risen to 32.4% in 2019 compared to 31.8% last year, however it is still lower than in 2013.
- Of all children with SEN, 24% achieved at least the expected standard in all the Early Learning Goals and 25% achieved a good level of development.
- Of children receiving SEN Support, 28% achieved at least the expected standard and 29% achieved a good level of development.
- Of children with a statement or EHC Plan, 4% achieved the expected standard and 5% achieved a good level of development.
To read the full report go to https://bit.ly/2Gv3rdy