Essential Tips for the Inclusive Secondary Classroom
Addressing the needs of children with various disabilities, from ADHD, dyslexia and low literacy skills, to physical disabilities, mental health and social needs, the book offers practitioners tips and ideas for ensuring that each and every student is integrated and supported to maximum effect. Clearly presented, conscisely written and easily implemented, tips relate to critical elements of the school setting, including:
- The school environment and classroom organisation
- teaching equipment and resources
- lesson structures and timings
- early recognition and collaboration with families
- student–practitioner interaction and peer relationships.
Tips can be photocopied for display on staffroom noticeboards and circulation to colleagues. Engaging and accessible, this book will be an essential resource for practitioners, SENCOs and Inclusion Managers working in primary and secondary settings.