‘Special Educational Needs in Mainstream Schools’ Guidance Report published by the EEF SEND Evidence Review
This guidance report published today offers 5 evidence- based recommendations to support pupils with SEND in mainstream schools. It is intended to provide a starting point for schools to review their current approach to SEND provision and offers practical ideas for implementation.
The 5 recommendations made are-
- Create a positive and supportive environment for all pupils without exception.
- Build an ongoing holistic understanding of your pupils and their needs.
- Ensure all pupils have access to high quality teaching.
- Complement high quality teaching with carefully selected small group and one to one interventions.
- Work effectively with Teaching Assistants.
To download the full guidance report and useful summary of recommendations poster go to: https://bit.ly/3bbDFIQ