What will this course cover?
- Different aspects of attention
- The importance of attention to learning
- Autism and attention difficulties
- The autistic perspective
- Introduction to the research project ‘Teacher Training and Attention in Autism’ (participating countries: UK, Spain, Greece and Israel)
What are the potential benefits to you and the children or young people you work with?
- You will be introduced to what attention involves
- You will understand the significant role of attention in learning
- You will learn how attention might be affected in autism
- You will be introduced to strategies to support attention in children with autism
- You will get a short overview of a research project involving the UK and other countries with various educational systems
Suitable for: SENCO, Senior Leader, Teacher