Early Years Masterclass
After the popularity and success of the last Masterclass, nasen are pleased to offer a second DfE funded Masterclass in the form of another 90-minute webinar hosted by Jennifer Staunton and Yvonne Sutton from School Improvement Liverpool. This webinar explores the increased demands on the Early Years sector in relation to meeting the needs of children with SEND and their families and offers approaches and ideas for identifying and assessing needs, supporting families to understand the Graduated Approach, meeting the needs of children who have not returned to settings and best practice and interim support with therapeutic services. The webinar is ideal for Early Years SENCOs, Early Years practitioners, LA EY Leads and parents of children in Early Years with SEND but everyone from the Early Years sector is welcome to attend! Please register for the webinar via the nasen website.
This free virtual interactive masterclass is aimed at Early Years SENCos working in the PVI sector. It is also open to anybody who cares for young children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), including families, LA colleagues and other Early Years professionals.
Discussion will include:
- Identification and assessment of needs
- Supporting families to understand and engage in the graduated approach
- Meeting the needs of children who have not returned to settings for families with or without technology
- Therapeutic services: suggested practice and interim support
Who would benefit from these DfE funded sessions?
- Early Years SENCOs
- Early Years professionals
- Local Authority Early Years and SEND Leads
- Parents/ carers of children with SEND in Early Years
Please note, you only need to attend one session and DO NOT need to attend all five sessions available.
Dates and times of available sessions:
Upcoming SENCO Masterclass events