The Department for Education today (Friday 20th November) published updated guidance specifically for specialist settings. It includes a broad range of updated information including:
- The cessation of the temporary changes that were made to SEND legislation, notably around the need to ensure that provision detailed within an EHC plan is now back in place
- The timescales for completing needs assessments as part of the ECHP process are also back in place.
- Preventative measures that settings can put in place, including ventilation and the use of PPE.
- Guidance for residential settings where pupils may need to self-isolate
- Support for vulnerable members of staff
- Curriculum and behaviour expectations
- Expectations regarding remote education