*Please note date change*
This course is for more experienced SEND governors or trustees, or those who have completed Part 1 of this series, who want to deepen their understanding of SEND
What will this course cover?
- How to understand and scrutinise data for SEND
- How to use the ‘SEND Governance Review’ to evaluate the school’s approach
- Consider how to respond to common challenges
What are the potential benefits to you and the children or young people you work with?
- You will be able to support, challenge and hold to account school leaders for the progress of pupils with SEND
- You will be able to identify strengths and areas for development in SEND governance in your school
- Outcomes for pupils with SEND should improve, including a reduction in exclusions
Suitable for: Governor
Meet your trainer
Dr James Galpin
Jamie is an Education Officer at nasen and leads on the development and delivery of the organisations CPDL programme. He is also a chartered Developmental Psychologist who specialises in universal difficulties that children and young people experience. He has been working with children and young people with SEN for the past 18 years. Whilst working both as an SEN teaching assistant and then as an SEN teacher, he completed his Master’s degree in Child Development. His interest in the practical applications of research then led him to complete a Master’s in Research in Education. Jamie went on to complete his PhD in Developmental Psychology where his focus was on emotion in children’s drawings and the relationship between language and drawing. Jamie continues to work in developing practice-based evidence and putting theory into practice in education.
Jamie has delivered CPDL to a range of education professionals including teachers, supports staff, SENCOs and other senior leaders on a range of SEND related topics