A consultation on the arrangements for the autumn series of examinations for England has been opened today (17th March). With the summer series of examinations cancelled due to the impact of lockdowns on student learning over the last year, Ofqual are seeking views on their proposals which include:
- which students will be eligible to enter the examinations
- how the grades should be determined
- if the exams should be in their usual form and in their usual number for each subject
- if students will be able to use the better of the summer or the autumn grade
- if exam boards should be required to offer exams in all GCSE and A level subjects
The consultation closes on 9th April.