This webinar is suitable for SENCOs, teachers and support staff who would like an overview on the basics of dyslexia.
What will this webinar cover?
- What dyslexia is and how you might identify it
- How dyslexia affects learning
- Some simple strategies to support pupils with dyslexia
What are the potential benefits to you and the children or young people you work with?
- You will have a basic understanding of a common SpLD
- You will feel more confident in identifying possible dyslexia
- Pupils with dyslexia are more likely to have their needs met effectively
Once you have finished watching this recording please do complete our short evaluation. After completing the evaluation, please return to this page to download your certificate.
Suitable for: Inclusion Manager/Leader, SENCO, Teacher
You may also be interested in
Strategic Development for SENCOs Part 3 Session 1
- 04 May 2021
This course is the first of five sessions (including a live group discussion/shared practice session) that is suitable for more experienced SENCOs, or those who have completed Part 2, who want to ensure a whole-school approach to SEND
School Improvement for SEND: SENCO Guidance for School Inspection part 3
- 29 Apr 2021
This webinar is suitable for SENCOs and other leaders in schools who want to explore the EIF with a focus on SEND, in order to strengthen school self-evaluation and school improvement for SEND
Governance of SEND, part 2
- 27 Apr 2021
This course is for more experienced SEND governors or trustees, or those who have completed Part 1 of this series, who want to deepen their understanding of SEND.