The Golden Key
SEND CPD for key people in early years
The role of the Key Person in an Early Years setting is vital. This eight-week training programme will upskill EY practitioners within your local authority to identify and provide for the needs of all children in their care. This involves identifying individual needs, building a trusting relationship with them and their parents/carers and daily interaction with children to gain a holistic understanding of their likes, dislikes, interests, and individual learning and development needs.
This training is for practitioners (who are not EY SENCOs) in Early Years PVI and maintained school settings.
Cost: £5,000 per Local Authority, nursery chain or MAT*
*unlimited number of learners
- 4 x 2 hour live online webinars, delivered fortnightly with short gap tasks to be completed between sessions.
- Online drop-in sessions to support practitioners on non-training weeks.
- The legislation for SEND in the Early Years
- The Graduated Approach and Pyramid of Provision
- Parent Partnership and sensitive conversations
- Working with the SENCO and with outside agencies
- The Early Identification of SEND
- Observation methods and assessment tools
- Transition for children with SEND
- Literacy and Numeracy in the Early Years
"It’s important for practitioners to gain a thorough understanding of typical child development, so that they can identify any special educational need/s early."
So far, the Golden Key programme has received a satisfaction rating of 97%
96% of learners reported that they would incorporate their learnings into their daily practice
86% of learners reported positive changes to practice within their settings as an outcome of this programme
All learners will receive a certificate of attendance after completing all four sessions. Recorded sessions available.
Would you like more information?
Please get in touch using the below form and a member of the team will be in touch.