Whole School SEND have released a fantastic suite of new resources developed with the Autism Education Trust, the Autism Centre for Education and Research (University of Birmingham), the National Autistic Society and Ambitious about Autism. It contains the latest guidelines, resources and practical strategies for education professionals supporting autistic learners and staff.
The five resources cover the following:
- Guidance for school leaders on supporting autistic members of staff
- A SENCO’s guide to supporting learners on the autism spectrum
- Supporting learners with autism during transition
- Promoting autism inclusive attitudes
- Reasonable adjustments to school behaviour policies
Of particular interest given it is autism awareness month is the Promoting autism inclusive attitudes resource, a set of resources co-developed with autistic young people. Looking beyond autism awareness month, this resource could be seen as an important addition to any school RSHE programme.