Ofsted research has published a report into remote education following months of school visits and interviews with staff and parents.
These are main findings you need to know:
- Switch to remote education has increased teachers’ workload
- Difficulty aligning curriculum with remote education
- A third of teachers not confident delivering remote lessons
- SEND children ‘more disengaged with learning’
- Feedback problems as teachers can’t see body language
- Schools went ‘out of their way’ to provide laptops
- Video lessons offer solution for shortage subjects and snow days.