The Photography Movement: Show and Tell, sponsored by Cisco
- UK’s largest youth photography exhibition is now open for entries
- In 2021 thousands of entries were received from 10- to 18-year-olds
- Campaign is a response to mental health issues, with more than half (of 17- to 23-year-olds mental health worsening between 2017 and 2021 (NHS digital statistics)
- Children and young people are encouraged to enter the exhibition and express their emotions through photography
Whether at home or at school, as individuals or as part of a group the #MyPhotoMyFeeling movement shows young people how to pick up a digital device and take an image that represents their inner emotions. Children and young people are encouraged to:
- Say it - take time to find the word/s that express how you feel
- Shoot it - visualise that emotion and take it as a photograph
- Share it - to the exhibition alongside the words and images by thousands of other young people
Entries to #MyPhotoMyFeeling opened on the 7th of December 2021 and runs until January 13th 2022.
NHS Digital statistics show that more than a third (39%) of 6 - 16-year-olds and more than half (53%) of 17 - 23 year olds’ mental health worsened between 2017 and 2021. Furthermore, the number of children with a probable mental health disorder has gone up to one in six (from one in nine) in the same period.
Show and Tell seeks to create a safe space for all children and young people to explore, share and discuss their emotions in order to help improve their mental health.
Registrations for submissions are open at www.showandtellphoto.com