This webinar is suitable for SENCOs, teachers and support staff who would like to understand how cognitive load theory relates to SEND
What will this webinar cover?
- What we mean by ‘working memory’ and ‘cognitive load’
- Strategies to reduce cognitive load
- How these strategies can be used most effectively for pupils with SEND
What are the potential benefits to you and the children or young people you work with?
- You will feel more confident to adapt teaching to reduce cognitive load
- You will have a greater understanding of what support pupils with SEND might need with cognitive load
- pupils with SEND are more likely to be able to access learning by staff accommodating varying working memory capacities
Once you have finished watching this recording please do complete our short evaluation.
Suitable for: SENCO, Support staff, Teacher
You may also be interested in
SEND CPD on Demand Content Guide
- 31 Dec 2023
We’ve designed this subscription with the entire education sector in mind, but to help make your decision, about what content to access first, we have created a content guide.
Inclusive Questioning - Your Choice webinar recording
- 20 Jun 2023
This webinar considered diagnostic questioning, retrieval practice and multiple choice questioning, Socratic questioning and Metacognitive questioning.
Effective Target Setting for Children and Young People with SEND
- 31 Mar 2023
This topic was suggested by and voted for Annual Webinar Pass holders as part of our 'Your Choice' offering.