This webinar is suitable for SENCOs, teachers and support staff who would like to understand how cognitive load theory relates to SEND
What will this webinar cover?
- What we mean by ‘working memory’ and ‘cognitive load’
- Strategies to reduce cognitive load
- How these strategies can be used most effectively for pupils with SEND
What are the potential benefits to you and the children or young people you work with?
- You will feel more confident to adapt teaching to reduce cognitive load
- You will have a greater understanding of what support pupils with SEND might need with cognitive load
- pupils with SEND are more likely to be able to access learning by staff accommodating varying working memory capacities
Once you have finished watching this recording please do complete our short evaluation. After completing the evaluation, please return to this page to download your certificate.
Suitable for: SENCO, Support staff, Teacher
You may also be interested in
Strategic Development for SENCOs Part 3 Session 1
- 04 May 2021
This course is the first of five sessions (including a live group discussion/shared practice session) that is suitable for more experienced SENCOs, or those who have completed Part 2, who want to ensure a whole-school approach to SEND
School Improvement for SEND: SENCO Guidance for School Inspection part 3
- 29 Apr 2021
This webinar is suitable for SENCOs and other leaders in schools who want to explore the EIF with a focus on SEND, in order to strengthen school self-evaluation and school improvement for SEND
Governance of SEND, part 2
- 27 Apr 2021
This course is for more experienced SEND governors or trustees, or those who have completed Part 1 of this series, who want to deepen their understanding of SEND.