This webcast, suitable for SENCOs, teachers and support staff, will introduce SEMH, the many ways in which children and young people might experience need in this area and some ideas for support.
What will this course cover?
- What SEMH is and how you might identify it
- How SEMH affects learning
- Some simple strategies to support pupils with SEMH needs
What are the potential benefits to you and the children or young people you work with?
- You will have an introductory understanding of this common area of need
- You will feel more confident in identifying possible SEMH needs
- Pupils with SEMH are more likely to have their needs met effectively
Once you have finished watching this recording please do complete our short evaluation.
Suitable for: Assistant Head Teacher, Deputy Head Teacher, Head Teacher, Newly Qualified Teacher, SENCO, Teacher, Teaching Assistant
You may be interested in
School Improvement for SEND: SENCO Guidance for School Inspection, part 2
- 21 Apr 2021
This webinar is suitable for SENCOs and other leaders in schools who want to explore the EIF with a focus on SEND, in order to strengthen school self-evaluation and school improvement for SEND.
Understanding school refusal and SEND
- 07 Apr 2021
This webinar will look at possible causes of school refusal and strategies to support pupils back into school.
Supporting Minimally Verbal autistic pupils
- 31 Mar 2021
This webinar will specifically look at the strengths and needs of minimally-verbal autistic pupils who may or may not have an additional learning difficulty.