This hour-long webinar explores the identification and provision for children with Speech, Language and Communication needs (SLCN) in the Early Years. It is relevant for Early Years SENCOs and practitioners from PVI settings, childminders and Early Years Foundation Stage teachers and teaching assistants in maintained schools.
What will this course cover?
- The identification of SLCN in the Early Years
- Universal, targeted and Specialist provision for SLCN
- Involving parents and outside agencies in meeting the needs of young children with SLCN
What are the potential benefits to you and the children or young people you work with?
- You will have a greater understanding and knowledge of identifying the speech, language and communication needs of young children
- You will have a greater knowledge of how to assess and plan to meet the needs of children with speech, language and communication difficulties
- You will increase your confidence in involving parents and outside agencies to support children with SLCN
Supporting document links
Suitable for: Early Years Practitioner