This session, suitable for SENCOs, teachers and support staff, will introduce developmental language disorder (DLD), how it might be identified and some introductory ideas for support.
What will this course cover?
- What developmental language disorder is and how you might identify it
- How DLD affects learning
- Some simple strategies to support pupils with DLD
What are the potential benefits to you and the children or young people you work with?
- You will have a basic understanding of this SLCN
- You will feel more confident in identifying possible developmental language disorder
- Pupils with DLD are more likely to have their needs met effectively
Suitable for: Inclusion Manager/Leader, SENCO, Support staff, Teacher
Meet your trainer
Dr James Galpin
Dr James Galpin is an Education Officer at nasen and leads on the development and delivery of the organisations CPDL programme. He is also a chartered Developmental Psychologist who specialises in universal difficulties that children and young people experience.