Difficulties with emotional regulation can be a significant barrier to learning for many students. Often behaviour driven by these difficulties can be misinterpreted. It can also impact on friendships and relationships at home and at school. This webinar, suitable for all school staff, will look at how emotion regulation develops and how it can be supported.
What will this course cover?
- The relationship between sensory processing and emotion regulation.
- How different ways of thinking and seeing the world, particularly with regards students who are identified with an additional need, can impact on emotion regulation
- Some general strategies that can support students develop their emotion regulation skills
What are the potential benefits to you and the children or young people you work with?
- You will have a greater understanding of why some students may have difficulties with emotion regulation
- You will be able to better design and implement support aimed at supporting the development of greater emotional literacy in all your students
- Students will be able to better manage their emotions
Suitable for: Senior Leader, Support staff, Teacher
Meet your trainer
Dr James Galpin
Dr James Galpin is an Education Officer at nasen and leads on the development and delivery of the organisations CPDL programme. He is also a chartered Developmental Psychologist who specialises in universal difficulties that children and young people experience.