What will this webinar cover?
- What is SEND? What are the roles and responsibilities in schools? What are the statutory requirements around SEND?
- How do schools identify and meet needs? How is it funded?
- What is the role of the SEN Governor or trustee?
What are the potential benefits to you and the children or young people you work with?
- You will feel more confident in your governance role
- You will understand how to work effectively with the SENCO
- You will enable a more strategic approach to SEND, resulting in improved outcomes for pupils with SEND
Once you have finished watching this recording please do complete our short evaluation. Please download your certificate below.
Suitable for: Governor, Senior Leader
You may also be interested in
Strategic Development for SENCOs Part 3 Session 1
- 04 May 2021
This course is the first of five sessions (including a live group discussion/shared practice session) that is suitable for more experienced SENCOs, or those who have completed Part 2, who want to ensure a whole-school approach to SEND
School Improvement for SEND: SENCO Guidance for School Inspection part 3
- 29 Apr 2021
This webinar is suitable for SENCOs and other leaders in schools who want to explore the EIF with a focus on SEND, in order to strengthen school self-evaluation and school improvement for SEND
Governance of SEND, part 2
- 27 Apr 2021
This course is for more experienced SEND governors or trustees, or those who have completed Part 1 of this series, who want to deepen their understanding of SEND.