This webinar is for new governors or trustees, particularly new SEN governors, or those wishing to learn more about SEND.
What will this webinar cover?
- What is SEND? What are the roles and responsibilities in schools? What are the statutory requirements around SEND?
- How do schools identify and meet needs? How is it funded?
- What is the role of the SEN Governor or trustee?
What are the potential benefits to you and the children or young people you work with?
- You will feel more confident in your governance role
- You will understand how to work effectively with the SENCO
- You will enable a more strategic approach to SEND, resulting in improved outcomes for pupils with SEND
Once you have finished watching this recording please do complete our short evaluation. This resource was last reviewed in November 2023.
Suitable for: Governor, Senior Leader
SEND CPD on Demand
Get the highest quality CPD from experts at your convenience, with nasen's SEND CPD on Demand - The ultimate flexible training resource. With individual and school subscriptions starting at just £199 for individuals and £750 for schools, boost your learning with convenient access to over 70 pre-recorded SEND CPD sessions tailored to meet the needs of the entire education workforce.
You may also be interested in
SEND CPD on Demand Content Guide
- 31 Dec 2024
We’ve designed this subscription with the entire education sector in mind, but to help make your decision, about what content to access first, we have created a content guide.
nasen Recognised Teacher/Practitioner of SEND progress log
- nasen Recognised Practitioner/Teacher of SEND
- 14 Feb 2024
The progress record is designed to help you track your progress through the content of the Recognised Teacher/Practitioner Programme.
nasen Connect magazine Spring 2024
- Nasen Connect
- 13 Feb 2024
The spring edition includes articles on the use of digital technology to help bridge the accessibility gap for those with visual impairments and, one school shares how they have developed the use of podcasts to help build and develop communication skills.